Saturday 17 August 2013

A full week plus since the exhibition. We are still delivering sold artworks to the various purchasers. This coming weekend we are off to Melbourne to deliver a few more ( big artworks ) to their new owners. I am looking forward to having my studio back. Of course there are the works that did not sell but some may find their way to our walls others will be stored for maybe another exhibition.
I want to have a clean slate ( so to speak) before starting in a new direction .
Not sure where that will be.
My usual way of starting a new topic is to browse through my special collections in a leisurely way.
Letting my memories and imagination free to go different places.
Not putting any time limits or former directions get in the way.
Maybe look at my antique lace or go to my Japanese ikats. Or look at some vintage clothing /
Who knows?
I am off to the West for  a few weeks so I will be taking my old favorite  embroidered balls materials.
 A Xmas tradition - starting early. I have very few projects that are portable and easy to do away from the studio but these I can

No comments:

Post a Comment