Saturday 3 August 2013


My antique fabrics inspire me and are what I use to create my artworks.
 I have just completed an exhibition called " Living in Two Worlds" antique fabric collage
It was held at the 'Seaview Gallery' Dulwich Hill 20th July till 2nd August.

As well I published a book as a visual diary of the processes and methods used to create all the exhibition artworks using some of my amazing textile ephemera, where these fabrics came from and the decisions I made along the way.My theme is images from the 'Comedia Del Arte ' and the French 18th century as seem in antique Toile De Jouy fabrics.

This has been my way of using starting to use some of the best things in my collections.The fabrics are my inspiration and the actual materials in the artworks.
As well I created a series of paper collages on gold leafed canvas along the same theme as the major artworks

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Denise. You are the first to comment directly in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive work, Diane!

    ReplyDelete